November 24, 2008
In my few free seconds of the day – (or way late at night, because the kids are asleep and I finally have some of MY OWN TIME), I like to surf the web for homeschool websites and ideas.
Here’s one I can’t believe I’ve missed for so long. This is one of the most authoritative, complete sites on homeschooling I’ve seen in a while. It is run by Ann Zeise, a ‘retired’ homeschool teacher:
First off, isn’t that a fun word play on ‘Home school’? Get it? Home’s Cool. Ok, it’s a Laffy Taffy class joke, but pretty cute.
And her site has so much information, it’s hard to even scratch the surface. Here are a few of them:
- Just getting started homeschooling? Check out this great list of guides, articles, and FAQs for the beginning homeschooler.
- Methods & Styles Directory – Once you’re past the beginning stage, check out some of the homeschooling styles and methods out there. Pick and choose what fits your family and also each individual student.
- Scheduled homeschool chats - check out the upcoming chats if you’d like to get into a virtual conversation with some homeschoolers.
- Homeschool Discounts – saving money has been my latest hobby, and this is a great article with lots of outgoing links on the topic.
- Curriculum Advice – Lots of links and info on a variety of homeschool curriculum topics.
- Lessons and Ideas – And if you’re just looking for a fresh idea, check out some of the sites listed here.
Enjoy this free resource!
(FYI – many of these free sites are paid for by the advertising you see throughout the site. If you enjoy a resource, consider clicking on some ads or going through their site to buy something on Amazon.com you already planned to purchase. They will appreciate it and get a small commission.)
Do you have some favorite internet homeschool resources? I’d love it if you would post a quick link in the comments section. In the future, I’d like to compile the ideas suggested by all of you into some “Top 10″ lists or homeschooling resource guides to share with everyone. Thanks!!
Posted under Homeschool Websites